2019-2020 Registration for Scientific Sessions
Lecture: 8:30 AM - approximately 4:00 PM
Three course hot lunch is served.
Location: Lower level of Edmonton Convention Center, Salon 12
Registration ends: Mar 16, 2020
March 20, 2020
Dr. William Martin - S.A.C. Classification in Implant Dentistry Selecting the Ideal Patient for Your Practice
Co-Sponsored by Straumann Canada
Will Martin, DMD, MS is a Clinical Professor in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Florida's College of Dentistry. He received his DMD from the University of Florida and completed his MS and Certificate in Prosthodontics from Baylor College of Dentistry. Dr Martin joined the faculty at the University of Florida in 1999 and currently serves as the Director of the Center for Implant Dentistry. Dr Martin is a Diplomate of the American Board of Prosthodontics and a fellow of the American College of Prosthodontists, International Team for Implantology and Associate Fellow of the Academy of Prosthodontics. Dr Martin has authored numerous peer-reviewed scientific articles and abstracts. He has co-authored several textbooks on implant dentistry, specifically the ITI Treatment Guide Vol. 1. S.A.C. Classification in Implant Dentistry and most recently the ITI Treatment Guide Vol. 10. He is the Chairman of the Section USA of the ITI and maintains a part-time practice limited to Prosthodontics within the Center for Implant Dentistry. He lectures both nationally and internationally on esthetic and implant dentistry.
Brief Course Synopsis
Evidence-based and clinical success has resulted in increasing utilization of dental implants in the treatment of all forms of edentulism. This presentation will emphasize patient evaluation and selection for predictable success based upon clinical presentation and treatment factors. Digital forms of communication between the treatment 'TEAM' and patients and their effect of communication on treatment outcomes will be highlighted. Diagnosis and planning procedures utilizing the updated (2nd edition) SAC (Straightfoward-Advanced-Complex) and ERA (Esthetic Risk Assessment) patient classification systems will be the focal point of the presentation. The impact of these assessment systems (checklists) will be highlighted through patient presentations and evaluation of their outcomes.
Topics that will be covered in the presentations:
- The use of templates based on a restoration-driven philosophy to guide tissue enhancement for implant patients will be discussed as well as new technology utilizing CT's and image guided technology to assist in highly accurate implant placement will be introduced.
- Current trends with immediate implant placement and loading protocols will be detailed, highlighting the benefits of these procedures with regard to tissue response and treatment efficacy.
- Restorative treatment including: provisional and impression procedures, abutment and material selection.
- Incorporation of the digital workflow in the treatment of patients with dental implants.
- Maintenance procedures for the partial and completely edentulous patient.
Please note: registration ends: Mar 16, 2020