Dr. Mehrdad Razaghy
During this full day lecture, we will learn how to perform our everyday dentistry, from the very first moment we meet a new patient, to treatment-planning, restoring, and maintaining, while appreciating the biomimetic concept. By the end of this lecture, we will have a very clear understanding of the following topics, completing a full circle of the biomimetic philosophy:
1. Importance of understanding biology
2. Examination and dental photography
3. Importance of preventative dentistry
4. Non-invasive options; At home and internal bleaching
5. Additive Composite restorations ( Anterior and posterior protocols )
6. Full restorative protocol of conservative posterior bonded ceramic restorations (Inlays, Onlays, and overlays)
7. Immediate dentin sealing
8. Deep marginal elevation
9. Fiber reinforced direct posterior restorations
10. Full Esthetic protocol ( Bonded porcelain veneers from Digital Smile design to final delivery)
Shortly after completion of his bachelor's degree at University of California Los Angeles, Dr. Razaghy spent a year focusing on his research in the field of neurosurgery and was part of six major publications at David Geffen School of Medicine of UCLA.
His passion for creation and research carried through his path in dentistry and allowed him to be involved in various research projects. Mehrdad’s journey in dental research began by joining Dr. Pascal Magne’s research laboratory at Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC. Since then, besides teaching, Mehrdad has been part of multiple projects, alongside international visiting scholars, under the mentorship of Dr. Pascal Magne. His focus has been on biomimetic and minimally invasive restorative techniques and dental materials. He has been part of publications in the esteemed Journal of Dental Materials and International Journal of Esthetic Dentistry and practices general and restorative dentistry at Mehrdad Razaghy DDS Inc, a private practice in Beverly Hills.
Dr. Razaghy is an active lecturer in the U.S. and currently teaches multiple continuing education modules in the fields of biomimetic dentistry, dental photography, additive dentistry, digital smile design, rubber dam isolation, and bonded porcelain ceramic restorations.